Sunday, December 27, 2009

When in Holland . . .




Funny thing about being here in Holland is the things that I eat here, but never, or rarely at home. I have posted some pics of these. First, bread. I eat bread at home, but not anywhere near the quantity I’ve already consumed in the week that I have been here. First of all, bread is like a staple of every Dutch breakfast. Which brings me to what they put on their bread that would be quite the oddity back home. See the photo that looks like a piece of bread with chocolate sprinkles on it? Well, that is exactly what it is! Bread with butter and chocolate sprinkles! Or as it is called in Dutch, “chocolade vlokken.” Crazy, I know, but for some reason, I feel the need to eat it when I am here. Three years ago when we were here, I actually bought some and took it home with me. And then never ate it again! I just couldn’t do it once I was back home. Same thing with hot tea. I drink it on occasion back home, but not as much as I’ve had it here! Maybe because I am freezing my tush off here and I am always wanting something hot. I don’t know what it is, but it must just be the feeling of being back here again that makes me want to eat and drink these things! If anyone back home is game for trying the chocolate sprinkles on bread, let me know and I will bring home a box!

No comments:

Post a Comment